Wednesday, December 6, 2006

The Biopsy

The day before the Biopsy I was told not to eat or drink anything from Midnight on. This will come into play a little later.

I get to the hospital around 10am; the surgery is scheduled for noon. They do all the testing and blood work and put me in a room to wait for the surgeon. The guy performing the biopsy is one of the best Cardio Thoracic Surgeons in Louisville.

He is in very high demand as we found out.

It gets to be 12pm, no Surgeon.
1pm, no Surgeon.
2pm, no Surgeon.
I guess he shows up around 4pm or so. He had a few other operations at other hospitals that same day.

By this time, I am hungry as hell and ready starting to hallucinate. The portly orderly started to look like a corn dog.

They get me on the table around 5pm and cut me open. They made a 4 inch cut right above my breatbone and under my neck so they could remove a few lymph nodes to send off for the biopsy. I then go to recovery for 20 minutes before being let go.

No comments: